How to clean your Ceramic Replacement Disc [or disk] with or without a keytool
THE #1 THING TO REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR FOUNTAIN MIST MAKER MISTING LIKE IT SHOULD
——-NEVER TOUCH THE DISC WITH YOUR FINGERS
the oils from your fingertips can ruin your replacement disc, a new disc or old one. The DISC is what makes the mist!
Our replacement ceramic discs come with a black rubber protective washer around the disc. Place a soft paper towel between your fingers and the new disk to remove the protective black rubber. …let the towel be between your fingers and disc at all times. The solid white side goes facing UP toward you, after it is placed in your mist maker.
Best way to clean the ceramic disc in your fountain’s mist maker
take it out of the mist unit IF you have a key tool. [see below]
Clean your disc as follows if you are having problems with your fountain’s mist maker OR in extreme cases of neglect to your mist maker – as in….. the disc is really cruddy!
IF YOU HAVE A KEY TOOL FOR DISC REMOVAL
A keytool comes with all new replacement Discs [ if a keytool doesn't come with the disk, then DON'T buy it!].
– DO NOT touch the disc with your bare hands!
– Take the replacement disc out of the mist unit carefully using the key tool
– Place the disc on a soft lint free cloth, or a VIVA paper towel – so you won’t touch it.
– Wet a cotton swab or soft cloth with gentle soap and water and clean both sides of the disc.
– Take the disc out occasionally to clean it IF you have a key tool for that purpose
– clean the top of the disc regularly [see below]
– Completely dry the ceramic disc before putting back into mist unit.
– DO NOT try to take the disc out with anything but the key tool
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A KEY TOOL
- Wet a cotton swab with gentle soap and water
– GENTLY clean the top of the disc.
– Do Not touch the top of the replacement disc with anything else, especially your fingertips
– the oil from your fingertips can damage the disc…then it will not mist.
The easiest way to clean your mist maker and ceramic disc….. dump the water out of the fountain bowl, remove the mistmaker from the fountain bowl, place the mist maker in a bowl of clean soapy water and clean it with a cotton swap OR stick it in your dish water! [do not let the electrical connections to get wet!]
Clean the disc weekly if used daily for best results.